Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Once you've gone plac...

...you won't go back!

Sorry, bad pun.

We are having a 'Kill Team' tournament at the South London Warlords after the summer break, and I thought I would quickly knock together a rather more elite team than I usually go with - a squad of 8 Sternguard. I'm not sure how well they will work, but the mix of ammo types is quite fun, and there's only a few figures to paint.

Anyway, I dug out a couple of boxes from the lead mountain - Veterans and Sternguard - and started to put a squad together. My word, how frustrating! I have been working with plastic for ages, and going back to metal was a real eye-opener. All those little tendrils from the air-bleed points, mould lines that need files, superglue/greenstuff sandwiches to assemble the parts... give me plastic every time.

In the end, I got three figures made. I'm going to go buy some of the new armour variants from Forgeworld, and make the rest of the squad from those; at least resin is easy to cut and clean up!

So, rant over. I have set up a little poll; please vote so I know it's not just me!

No comments: