Saturday, November 19, 2011

Clockwork planets

Why do all my 40k games get played on a planet that either looks like a Surrey golfcourse or like Stalingrad?

Here's something different - a clockwork hill for a clockwork planet...




K'nex from Ebay, plastic grating from the hobby shop, all mounted on 6mm MDF. I need to go buy another can of spray black primer and I can get some colour on it as well. Dead easy. The lower cogs are about an inch off the board, the higher one is about 2 inches up. The yellow wheels are about 5 inches diameter...

4 comments:

Pete said...

What a splendid idea!

Gailbraithe said...

I had a similar idea years ago, but never got around to building it. I'm glad to see someone doing something like this! Please post more pics as it comes together, I can't wait to see more.

Pat G said...

Very interesting and original. Please post the painted pics.

blambi said...

Yay new ideas.. noes backlog don't attack me!

Anyways neat idea.