Saturday, April 13, 2013

Victorian Lamp-posts

I picked up a bag of model railway lamp-posts on Ebay from a buyer called 'we_honest'. It turned out, he was. Anyway, I got a box of fifty posts for £13 including postage, which I thought was pretty good, and they turned up last week.


How to base them? Well, I have a few plastic 30mm bases which I have tried to texture myself. I'm not 100% happy with them, and I think I'm going to actually buy the bases for my Empire of the Dead figures as they arrive, but they're good enough for scenery.

I'm going to make a mould and cast a load of them; I might drop a penny into the resin while they set to give them some weight and keep them balanced.


I don't have any VSF painted yet, but this pirate gives you an idea of the height - they are 60mm, though you can get 70mm if you feel it's a bit short - personally I'm quite happy with them.

3 comments:

Simon Q said...

Quite like these, good idea to base them seperate make some good alt layouts that way.

J Womack, Esq. said...

Good buy! I might be interested in some of those bases if you do start casting some. I will need some for my own Empire of the Dead, In Her Majesty's Name, and other VSF madness. One thing I have always lacked in my scenery (ha! 'one' thing!) is good gaslights.

Thanks for the heads up on the seller, too.

Tony said...

They look good.

And a bargain price.

Tony