I got some paint onto the tanks last night. I have been thinking about a winter theme for the new army; I tried it out last night, and I am not happy. I initially painted the Russ green, then masked off the tracks with tape. I masked some areas with toothpaste, then sprayed white. A quick wash down to remove the toothpaste and... well. It looked a bit untidy, and there wasn't enough green showing, so I tried to tidy up with a sponge and green paint to emphasise the edges and other areas where you'd get wear.
You can see the results from the attached pictures, but basically, it's not great. I should have left it in the original green finish (like the KV2 / Ragnarok)... I will have to strip and repaint.
However, on the plus side, the Ragnarok looks great and I'll get on and make another two of them over Easter (real life permitting...)